Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nostalgia

Earlier this week I've been invited for lunch at the Zoo Lake Bowling Club.
Now, I have never been there, being new to this part of Gauteng, I am still busy exploring the surroundings.

I must say that I've expected something a little bit more fancy it being a 'bowling club', but to my avail it turned out to be just a normal place.  I was amazed at the amount of young people spending their lazy afternoons filling their tummy's with the cheap beer and food from the restaurant.  The food over there is really good and the atmosphere is relaxed.  I had a sudden reminder of my student days - Care free, young, motivated, in love with life, content with my surroundings, knowing that tomorrow is another day and that my future is in God's hands.
How I just sometimes miss those days 

But here I am, sitting in my aircon office, sipping on plastic coffee, being glad that every morning is a day closer to the - too short weekend.  I'm not too sure if I enjoy what I do anymore, I was hoping that the change in jobs and surroundings would change things, but alas.  Arent you suppose to enjoy what you are doing ? It's not as if that is what you spend most of your time with.  I feel bad for feeling this way.  There are so many jobless poor people out there, not knowing where they would sleep tonight or where their next meal would come from.  

I'm not too sure what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment